3. The original name of the Alumni Association.
7. Famed Nobel Peace Prize-winning author, whose first
English novel was published by AUC Press.
9. The first student dormitory on AUC’s campus.
13. The initial plans for AUC campus were near this location.
14. AUC founder.
17. AUC’s first female student, who enrolled in 1928.
18. Original name of the student newspaper, Campus Caravan.
19. In 2000, AUC’s Rare Books and Special Collections Library acquired the _____ collection.
1. AUC is the top _____ campus in Africa.
2. AUC is the first University in the region to offer a _____ degree, pairing with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Abdulla Al Ghurair Foundation for Education.
4. The first student organization at AUC.
5. The _____, with an emphasis on subjects outside students’ majors, was introduced in 1989.
6. The committee charged in 1994 with recommending guidelines and priorities for the future development of the University, ultimately deciding on the relocation to the New Cairo campus.
8. The first play ever produced on campus.
10. The University mascot.
11. AUC’s first _____ took place in 1923.
12. Acronym for the world’s premier, full-immersion Arabic-language program that opened at AUC in 1967.
15. The leading University-based startup accelerator and incubator in Africa and the MENA region.
16. Sandstone for the walls of campus buildings is all from a single quarry in Kom Ombo, 50 kilometers north of _____.
17. AUC held its last undergraduate commencement in _____ Hall in 1988.